Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register for this, we’ll receive extra funding called ‘Pupil Premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school. For example, we’ve previously used Pupil Premium funding for:
- Educational provision in classrooms
- Academic interventions with additional adults
- Wellbeing and self-esteem building interventions
- Supporting the funding of music tuition
- Subsidising school trips to reduce cost.
What is Pupil Premium funding?
Pupil Premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation.
It is provided specifically for pupils who:
- Are registered for free school meals
- Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Are, or have been, in care
- Have parents in the armed forces
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child might be eligible for free school meals if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
If you think you may be eligible to apply for free school meals, please feel free to contact the school office for additional support.
Additional Pupil Premium Information
The link below will take you directly to a sign in page to register for free school meals.
Pupil Premium Statement 2021-2022
Covid Catch up funding strategy 2020-21
Free School Meals and Milk Information
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Pupil Premium Strategy
At Leamington, our Pupil Premium Strategy is reviewed termly within school to ensure that the strategy is continuously relevant, current and pertinent to our children's needs.
The strategy is then reviewed formally on a yearly basis.
Next formal review date: September 2022.