1. How are we all connected?
2. How are places the same but different?
3. Is The Commonwealth global?
4. Developed or developing - who decides?
PGL residential week
5. Is life the same for everyone?
6. How is every place valuable?
7. Is there a place for everyone?
8. Is change always positive?
9. Do we live in a diverse world?
10. Can we ever be equal?
11. Does unity create equality?
A high-quality text drives each of our enquiries and the texts are used to give knowledge and purpose to the enquiry. High quality texts can only be accessed through knowledge of vocabulary in different tiers. Explicit teaching of new vocabulary and using the classroom environment to showcase key vocabulary helps us to infuse rich and sophisticated vocabulary from EYFS to Year 6. The texts are used as a stimulus for both English and cross curricular writing, ensuring high expectations of our children. Reading is interweaved into all aspects of the enquiry to encourage reading and language development and promote reading for pleasure.
In maths we follow the Power Maths programme to support children’s learning and to build a deep understanding of maths concepts. Power Maths is a curriculum mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and excitement and nurture confidence in maths. It is built around a child‑centred lesson design that models and embeds a growth mindset approach to maths.
This term we are covering the following: